In place of goods manufactured using manual processes, CNC machined products have taken the world by storm. Along with standardized parts and components, the appropriate machining method can use your CNC product ideas to produce something customized. Before getting into some of the other basics, please note that to benefit from precision products made by CNC machines, hiring the right manufacturing company is critical.
Introduction to the Basics
- Automation – The process of CNC machining products and components is automated. The work performed starts with an operator who feeds code into a software program. In response, a signal goes to the CNC machine, which follows the directions to produce a precision product.
- Precision – Extreme accuracy is one of the primary reasons why so many industries now rely on products made by CNC machines. Although CNC machining takes a hands-off approach, the state-of-the-art software yields flawless products. Even sophisticated parts and components come out perfect.
- Speed – Whether using your CNC product ideas or those designed by an experienced engineer, CNC machining is fast. Unlike slow manual machines from the past, modern machines can produce just a few products or complete a large production run of repeatable products in no time. Some CNC machines can hold up to 40 tools, which eliminates manual changes. That also enhances the overall production rate. The faster you get accurate parts and components, the better. You can meet your customers’ demands, which help bolster your business growth.
- Types of Parts and Components – CNC machining also results in a broad range of manufactured parts and components. Capable of turning, drilling, cutting, routing, lathing, and more, multiple industries like automotive, airplane, medical, electronics, manufacturing, furniture, and more rely on this process for an unlimited number of finished products.
- Material Options – Manufacturers also use different materials for CNC machining, including steel, aluminum, wood, and plastic.
What it comes down to is that the products made via CNC machining are automated, precise, fast, and consistent. Regardless of the machine, each has at least two directions of motion. Called axes, these are positioned automatically along the length of travel. Instead of manual labor, CNC machining creates motion actuated with server motors controlled by CNC but then guided by the part and component program.
For superior products, CNC machining is an exceptional solution. Regardless of whether you need something simple or complex, our team of experts at Nexgen Machine can help. Visit us online or call today to get started.