When you need CNC turning services, you might be tempted to hire the first manufacturing company that you find. However, because this cutting service is used to achieve 100 percent accuracy of both standard and custom components, you need to make this decision carefully. Otherwise, you could end up with a subpar or defective part or component that could result in extended downtime, a delayed delivery to your customers, and even damage to your stellar reputation.
Before contracting with just any company, consider the following information.
- Versatility – As you research different manufacturing companies, make sure they are versatile. Along with turning and milling, it would help if they offer metal lathe services. Being versatile in the types of services provided allows you to have various finished products made from the same reputable company. The materials a company works with are also part of versatility. Although metal is the most commonly utilized material, if you need wood or plastic components CNC machined, make sure the companies on your short list can accommodate.
- Experience – For CNC turned products, experience plays a critical role. That is not saying that younger companies would do a bad job, but typically, those that have been in the industry longer perform better. Especially if you need custom parts or components, experience is one of the top criteria.
- CNC Software – Any company that is worth consideration will use the latest and most innovative CNC computer software available. Since an operator feeds codes and commands into the software, which then signals the machine to perform its task, quality software is critical.
- Capability – If you need a small volume of parts or components turned and milled, then a company that relies on a small CNC milling machine is probably fine. However, if you require complex components of a significant volume, a small machine would not suffice. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for the CNC machine shop to meet your deadline. Instead, you need to hire a company that uses state-of-the-art machines capable of nonstop large production runs.
- Pricing – While the cost of CNC turning may not be the most critical factor in the decision-making process, it is certainly important. Therefore, before locking into a formal contract, make sure the companies of interest provide competitive pricing.
At NexGen Machine, we strive to always meet, if not exceed, our customers’ expectations. We offer a host of CNC machining services, skilled operators, top-of-the-line machines, and cutting-edge software. You can get more information about our services by visiting our website or calling.