As implied, custom CNC machining is different from standard machining in that parts and components get manufactured according to unique customer specifications. In response to your question, “Are there CNC machine shops near me?” the answer is yes, but not all companies are the same. For that reason, you need to conduct extensive research to ensure that you hire the right company.
For the experts to offer a CNC milling service or some other type of custom CNC machining, they rely on advanced technology. As a result, the finished product is precise, whether as a prototype or mass-produced part. To better understand how professional machinists can achieve perfection, it would help to learn the type of technology involved.
- Advanced Milling and Turning – For custom CNC milling and turning, the top companies rely on state-of-the-art computers. They also depend on laser cutting technology and cutting-edge CAD/CAM software. With the software, companies can download a customer’s drawing files for custom parts and components but also use laser cutting for optimal precision.
- Eliminating Raw Materials – Thanks to advances in CNC machines, operators make accurate cuts that reduce the use of raw materials. Following a programming code, these machines turn, bore, and ream. Ultimately, surface textures are more exact, there is less risk of human error, and the process is repeatable.
- Laser Cutting – As mentioned, laser cutting technology ensures precise cuts. This technology uses a focused beam of high-energy light for cutting and welding.
- Plasma Cutting – Plasma cutting is another technology that backs CNC machining. Today, companies utilize vertical plasma machines as opposed to horizontal machines, making multi-axis cutting possible. This technology also allows for high-precision slicing of metal plates or sheets without the risk of chipping.
- Oxy-Fuel Cutting – With this technology, various gases such as propane, oxygen, hydrogen, and gasoline are mixed. This formula creates a high-heat flame for precision cutting. Plasma machines also offer higher tolerance and greater accuracy.
- Water Jet Machining – This technology is beneficial for CNC machining services for custom parts and components. In this case, water with high-strength pressure is propelled, which in turn erodes or cuts various metals.
Regardless of whether you are interested in the technologies for CNC machining mentioned or something else, we can help. NexGen Machine offers years of experience and unparalleled expertise specific to CNC machined products. Please visit our website to learn about our company and services or call to speak with a company representative today.